Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11/19/08 - 9am Visit

Hey Ya'll!  Michelle is here and brought a Doctor from St. Francis to give us his opinion on Wendy's chart.  He thinks that it is normal and that good days / bad days are normal with a brain injury.  The NeuroSurgeon came-in to assess Wendy while we were all there and said that the CT Scan showed a spot on the left side of her brain. He said that it could be that she had an aneurysm that ruptured because of the accident OR, it could have ruptured and caused the accident...OR... that it could be a "shadow" on the CT Scan.  So, to find-out for-sure, he ordered another M.R.I. because it takes MUCH better images and will be definitive.  If it is an aneurysm, they will order an angiogram to "see" the blood vessels and treat them.

Above-all, the Doctors said it is probably an anomaly on the CT Scan, but they want to do the M.R.I. to make sure.

When she woke-up from sleeping last night, she was VERY concerned about being away from her job and wanted to get back to work.  She thought her boss was mad, too!  Hahahaha. I explained that I spoke to everyone and was keeping them up-to-date via The Blog.  I also explained that her boss was TOTALLY taking care of things and not to worry.  So, she's calm and having the MRI run right now.  Michelle and I are waiting to hear-back from the Trauma Unit so we can go back down and see her.

That's all I have right now, but I will be in-touch as soon as I know more.

Thanks,
Shawn

No comments: