This was another good visit! Sheryl, Glenda, Karla, and Janet came-down and brought Steak Escape!!! Yessss! Wendy and I ate like we were starving! Before they left, we all gathered around Wendy and Karla prayed for her. She has GREAT friends that love her. It's so awesome to see!
Somehow, the Doctor's managed to elude me once again! I am trying to find-out what the next step and/or plan is. I know that they are going to try and do her Left Internal Carotid stint in the morning. After that, she will be back to recover for 3 to 5 hours and then, there shouldn't be any reason to keep her in the Trauma Unit anymore. That's just my non-Professional Opinion. (Although, Wendy's friends have started calling me "Nurse Shawn", lately! Hahaha). When I go back in at 9pm, we are going to snack on all of the delicious cookies that Tyler and Don brought a few days ago. Since she has to have her angiogram in the morning, she can't eat anything after Midnight, except VERY small amounts of water. SO, I'm going to make sure that she's full!
Wendy is doing SO good! To look at her, you just think... There's nothing wrong with her! She has been in good spirits, but still isn't comfortable being alone in her room at night. She's been trying to "tough it", but I can tell that she's still a little nervous. Once she gets to be sound-asleep, she's OK, but that's rare in the Trauma ICU. If new Traumas aren't rolling in the door, they are moving stuff around, or the combination of all of the Nurses and Staff talking becomes a distant roar.
Sorry for the late posting. I had to go to a Client to upgrade their database server and I have no coverage in most of the server rooms.
More after 9pm!
-Nurse Shawn
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
11/25/08 - 5pm Visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment