Saturday, November 15, 2008

11/15/08 - 9pm Visit

For the final-visit for today, it was both good and bad.  She was more-awake than she has been. (Fully opened eyes and slight conversation.) Unfortunately, this means that she is becoming aware of her injuries and soreness.  So, they have started administering morphine if Wendy seems like she is in pain.  The good thing is that it does not seem to be sharp pain, but more of a discomfort. We are staying here through the night, in case she wakes-up. Her nurses for this shift will call us down, if she wakes and is startled.

As a side note, we have gotten to know a couple of families in the I.C.U. Waiting Room. There is one couple that has been in this Waiting Room for 10 weeks...another since October 7th, and one more since August....  Some of these people are still waiting for their loved ones to regain consciousness...

I am very Thankful for the progress that she has made.


As I look through the pictures that I had taken of Wendy's car, it is crystal clear to me that she and Tyler's survival is nothing short of a miracle of God. The other vehicle actually entered the Driver's Compartment of her car, yet, Wendy did not have any broken bones or severe trauma, aside from her ribs and head. (The bumper of the other vehicle actually impacted the dash.) Her vehicle, as most of you know, is extremely well-built, yet, this impact actually bent the vehicle down both frame beams.  The impact was so great that, as the Frame bent, it also forced the rear bumper to bend...but the center of impact was at Wendy's door.

In spite of the tremendous forces at work in this terrible accident, ALL of Wendy's fractures seem to be hairline, so, when she can, the Doctor would like her to move-around and get on her feet!

God is Good...ALL the time!

Thanks for your Love and Prayers,
-Shawn

2 comments:

Jennifer van Wijk said...

I'm so glad to hear Wendy is becoming more lucid! I will be praying for her pain and hope that she will be able to sleep as much as possible in the ICU...and that she will be out of the hospital as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that Wendy is doing better! Thank you Shawn for keeping all of us who love Wendy updated. I will keep praying for her and for you. She is a lucky lady to have someone like you by her side. Tell her that I love her and will come visit her again soon. PS. I told Alex about the accident and he is VERY concerned. He has made her two "Get Well" cards already and wants to see her. Don't worry, I will not bring him at this point.
Love you and Wendy both, Sherri