Great News! I think that we are on the "downhill run"! This is the best that I have seen her, yet! We had a little bit of a delay getting-in today because some clown decided to pull the fire-alarm and all of the doors close when that happens. Don and Tyler came-by to see her. Earlier in the day, I made it out to her car and was able to get all of her things. Among those things was Tyler's long-lost Nintendo DS, which he was missing almost as much as his mom. His eyes lit-up when I gave it to him. When we went-in to see Wendy, they had her in the "Chair-Bed" again and she was WIDE awake! She smiled really big when she saw him and they got to hug for the first time since the accident. You could see a huge improvement in Tyler's attitude when he saw his mom sitting-up and she was able to talk to him. Wendy started to tear-up because she was so happy to see him! Kimberly, Glenda, Karla, and Patti came to hang-out for a while and Wendy was able to talk to them and crack a few jokes. My Dad is bringing a home-cooked dinner since she can eat and, Thankfully, the Trauma Staff is going to let us slip-in outside of visiting hours so she can get a good meal. She didn't want me to leave this time. She also wanted me to talk about the accident with her. She doesn't remember anything about it, yet, but I think things are slowly coming back to her now.
For those of you that have called and left voicemails, I'm sorry I haven't answered or replied. Prior to the 5pm visit, I sat-down in the waiting room and zonked-out. I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until my alarm on my phone went-off.
I'll be checking messages and probably responding by text or email.
Thanks again for all of your Prayers! They have definitely been felt and heard !
Until 9,
-Shawn
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment