I was able to stay with Wendy throughout the night, thanks to a very compassionate Staff. No change in her status, but I was able to turn her and get her comfortable so that she could sleep more-soundly through the night. I can't explain how comforting it is for me to hear her breath normally while she sleeps.
When she is awake, she is starting to adjust her position on her own strength. She is also able to tell us Where and What Kind of pain she is feeling. Occasionally, she still says that she lives somewhere else, but she is making good progress and that's all I hope and pray for.
This is a picture of her monitor. The Top (Green) Line is her heart rate, the next (white) Line is her respiratory rate, the next (light blue) line is Blood Oxygen Saturation level, and the bottom numbers in pink are her blood pressure. (Systolic over Diastolic with a Mean of 88) As you can see, her levels are all normal. Her blood pressure gets slightly elevated when she's in pain, but that's normal and is expected.
I am going to get a shower and change clothes. More after the 9am visit.
-Shawn
Monday, November 17, 2008
11/16/08 - Overnight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment