Monday, November 24, 2008

11/24/08 - 5pm Visit

I am SO sorry for the late posting. Today is my Nephew's Birthday, so, I had to run-home for cake and ice cream immediately after the 5pm visit and then go back to the hospital.

Wendy is, again, doing fantastic! She slept pretty heavily between the 1pm and 5pm visit,so, she was still waking-up when we got there. Her friend Meribeth came-by and brought her some very fashionable cozy socks with tread on the bottom. Last time Meribeth was there, she said that the socks the hospital gave her were not gonna cut it! Hahaha Wendy was VERY talkative and animated, like she normlly is. We talked more than we have on the past few visits and it was really good to see her juts being herself!

While waiting to get-in at 5pm, there was a new Trauma patient on the floor that had the EXACT same type of accident that Wendy did. Unfortunately, she wasn't as lucky. She had a crushed pelvis and severed intestines. She was stable at that time, but it made me think that could have easily been Wendy. (...and Thankful that she didn't sustain the same injuries.)

Also, I had left-word with her Nurse (Nicole) that I wanted to speak to someone from the Orthopedic Team about Wendy's left clavicle bone. It appears displaced and has a hard lump that is sensitive to the touch. So, on my way out, the nurse said that a member of the Ortho Team was there, if I wanted to talk to him. He said that he went back and looked at her CT scans to be sure, but that her clavicle was NOT broken, just severely bruised. (deep bruise.) So, WHEW! One less injury to worry about!

More after the 9pm visit!

-Shawn

No comments: