Monday, November 24, 2008

11/24/08 - 9pm Visit

As I was racing back to the hospital for this Visit, Wendy called me, not because she was scared, but because she just wanted to talk. Talk about a Welcome Change! I asked her if she had eaten and she said "no", so, I asked if they had delivered her dinner try, yet, but she said "no". (She may have slept through it.) So, I asked her if she wanted me to bring her anything and she said "I could really go for some Ravioli and a Dr. Pepper right about now"! Unfortunately, I was already on the highway and FAR from any decent Italian Restaurants, so, I called a few of my friends from work that live in Midtown to start hunting places down and I finally found-one and was able to get the order to-go, just in time!

When I got there, Wendy said that she had "freaked the nurses out". (So, of course, I immediately think that she was saying erratic things to them. hahaha) She said "No, I had to go to the bathroom and no one was around, so, I just got-up and went there on my own!" hahahaha What REALLY had happened was that Wendy didn't want to push the Nurse-Call button and bother anyone, so, she didn't and got up on her own. Needless to say, I asked Wendy to never do that again, since her pelvis is still damaged, she could end-up SEVERELY hurting herself and extending her stay by weeks! After that, Wendy proceeded to eat all of the ravioli that I brought her from Coletta's and was sitting straight up in the bed! To make things even BETTER ... she wasn't feeling lightheaded or woozy! (Huge Improvement!) After she ate, we sat and talked about a lot of deep things and I could really tell that Wendy is BACK! Her current nurse, LaShandra, came-in and talked to me for a while and let me know that her Four Vessel Angiogram might happen as early as 8am, or could be pushed-back until 1pm, because incoming Trauma patients get priority on the scanners. So, hopefully by the mid to late afternoon tomorrow, I will have test results and we can start planning on what to do next. It's either Home ... or Surgery. It's Wendy's "Super Bowl" tomorrow and I pray that she gets rest and the test goes as smoothly as possible!

Wendy's main thing is that she wants to stand in the shower for about 30 minutes! hahaha

I'm falling asleep as I type, so, I'm going to hit the sack, however, if I think of more information to write, I will update it.

Thanks,
Shawn

No comments: