She's out of surgery and she's doing fine! They got her back to the room right at 1pm. It took them until 1:15 to get her settled-in. Her Nurse, Lora, said that the surgery went great and was very successful.
Wendy is VERY clear-minded and talking. She said she was hungry and wanted a cheeseburger and fries, so, I ran-off to get it before Visiting Hours were -up-. Along the way, I ran into her boss and his family at the Security Desk. He has been traveling back to the U.S. from Baghdad, had to spend the night in New York, and came straight off of the plane to the Hospital. His wife said that was the first thing that he wanted to do! I thought that was very cool of him, especially since he has been up-n-running since 3am this morning!
On to the news you're waiting to hear... They are going to monitor her for 3 to 5 hours to make sure that the incision does not re-open, then, it's off to a room and/or discharge! I will know more specifics by the 5pm Visit and can elaborate more at that time.
Something that I thought was very interesting... The went-in through the same incision as yesterday! That way, she only has to be careful with her right leg. I thought that was amazing because, somewhere along the way, they had to cross-over from the right leg to the left-side of her body to get to the Left Internal Carotid!
Also, she is off of the Heparin drip and is just getting saline at this time. She ate her burger and a cookie and was watching TV when I left.
More at 5pm!
-Shawn
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
11/26/08 - 1pm Visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment