Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/18/08 - 5pm Visit

I got an early-start on the 5pm Visit because they let me go back-in after Physical Therapy.  Wendy wants to do more than her body will let her right now. So, when she gets-up and walks, it REALLY wipes her out.  She was fighting-sleep to try and spend time with me,so, I had to tell her to sleep and I would be there when she wakes-up. I took her glasses off and she slept for about an hour. 

She's getting "confused" again, but I am told that this is "typical" of a head trauma patient.  Nonetheless, I had Jennifer (her Nurse at the time) notate it on her chart.  She's going to have the next Nurse assess her and get the Doctors to look at her during rounds in the morning. 

I had to leave while the Nurses change shifts and conference. (Conference is more/less like "syncing-up" so that the Incoming Shift knows everything that the Outgoing Shift does.)

I won't be able to go back until 9pm and whomever the Nurse is at that time will make the decision on whether or not I can stay the night.

More soon!
-Shawn

No comments: