Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/18/09 - 9pm Visit

Well, fortunately, the 9pm visit is STILL GOING! Yep, since Wendy is so stable, they are letting me stay in here all night. She is sleeping MUCH deeper and her blood pressure has gone back down to almost "perfect". (129/80)

As I mentioned earlier, her Potassium and Magnesium were low. They gave her the Magnesium in liquid form, but the Potassium came in the form of egg-sized-pills! hahaha Luckily, Elizabeth, (current nurse) broke them up for her and she was able to take them with some Diet Coke.

Earlier, when I was here for the 5pm visit, I asked Wendy to tell me what she wanted to eat for dinner. She said that she wanted a grilled-cheese sandwich! HA! So, I went and got a Grilled-Cheese Sandwich and fries with ketchup. When I got here, she ate half of it and a few fries. She loved it ! After eating, she had a little bit of a headache, so, they gave her some Percocet. We watched a couple of Clint Eastwood movies on AMC and then she started feeling better and getting sleepy from the Percocet. After I laid the bed down flat, she gingerly rolled on to her side and is STILL sound asleep!

I'm sitting in the "Chair-Bed" typing and holding her hand until they kick me out! hahahaha Speaking of a bed ... we are still waiting on a Room assignment on the "regular" floor. As soon as a bed becomes available, she's out of the Trauma I.C.U. and on to a regular floor. At that point, Physical Therapy will probably step-up their schedule.

Unless something happens tonight, I will talk to you all tomorrow!
-Shawn

No comments: